Lemon Brûlée Tart
Such a fantastic dessert, this lemon brûlée tart is sure to impress any lemon lover! This dessert is not only easy to make, it’s absolutely delicious!
Let’s go over what you will need to make this tart:
1) 11 inch tart shell (additional items required to make the crust)
2) Blow torch (optional)
There are a few steps required in this recipe:
1) Make the tart crust
2) Make lemon custard
2) Par bake tart crust & pour in lemon custard
3) Bake it again.
4) Let it cool, then brûlée.
Sounds confusing right?
Not really! This dessert is actually very easy to make and can be prepared days in advance! The brûlée top is optional, however, it gives it a caramelized crunch that is absolutely amazing!
1) You can freeze your crust in the tart shell pan a day or 2 ahead of time.
2) You can also mix your custard ingredients a few hours ahead of time and set in fridge until ready to use. (just mix again before filling tart)
Lemon Brûlée Tart
2.5 tbsp lemon zest
2 lemons juiced (70g)
1 cup Heavy cream
6 Egg yolks(103g)
2 Whole eggs (101g)
1/2 cup sugar (107g)
Preheat oven to 350.
Poke holes in tart shell and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
Mix in a bowl: sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and heavy cream.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add to the custard mixture. Mix until fully combined.
Once the tart shell is done par-baking, add your custard mixture and bake at 300 degrees for another 35-40 minutes.
Once baked, let it cool for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle your sugar evenly all over the top of your custard and blow torch the sugar until caramelized. Once done, you’re ready to serve!
Mix egg yolks and whole eggs thoroughly before adding to your lemon custard mix for best results
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.